Growth & Development Team Leader: Janice VanDenBerg, 732-752-0922
OLMV Parish, through the ministry of our Lazarus Team, reaches out in love and concern for the needs of those who have suffered the death of a loved one.
Our members are grouped into various teams each reaching out, in a special way, to meet the needs of the bereaved families.
- FIRST RESPONSE TEAM
- Offers sympathy and help to the family and enables participation of family members as fully as possible in the funeral liturgy.
- FUNERAL DAY TEAM
- Lends support at the funeral, welcoming family and friends, and helping in other ways, as needed.
- The Martha's Table Ministry also offers food and/or a memorial flower to the families as needed or desired.
- FOLLOW-UP TEAM
- Provides ongoing support to the family with phone calls, cards, letters throughout the year following the funeral.
- A Bereavement Program offers support periodically through the year for those suffering from a recent loss of a loved one.
- The Naomi Tea Widows' Gathering meets on Sunday afternoons three times a year, offering social support to our widows.
- Please call parish office (732-356-2149) for further information about upcoming programs.
- GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT TEAM
- Has the responsibility to support members of the ministry with training and education, and to promote new membership. This team assumes responsibility for the overall interaction between the various groups through regularly scheduled meetings.
The Lazarus Team welcomes new members at its Fall Formation Retreat Gathering each year.
Please contact Janice Van Den Berg (732-752-0922) if you wish to learn more about this important and caring ministry.